Site Inactive

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Requiem Forum Index -> About Requiem & Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Ele-
70 Member

re: About Requiem & What We Are Looking For In Members

Requiem is a PvP and EndGame Guild. We are comprised of players who have been playing Shaiya for years. We’re serious about being at the top, and we know what it takes to get there.

End-game refers to the part of the game where level advancement is no longer the goal; the part of the game where PvP and Raiding take center stage.

For Requiem members, End-game refers to a group of the same people, more or less, who raid together for all events, no questions asked. Sign-ups are unnecessary because everyone knows who will be there and when to show up. All the members kick in equal amounts, and the group works together to progress to the top. End-game, to us, is prioritizing top level bosses/dungeons and PvP above all other goals that people have.

Requiem members realize that being the best in PvP or at End Game content is not about being able to beat people 1vs1 a few times or having mass numbers of members. We know that in order to be the best, you need teamwork. Without teamwork, great skills are pretty much wasted.

Everything from player skill to teamwork can be worked on; however, we believe that a pre-existing talent needs to be there in order for someone to become a top player. This is why Requiem is selective about who is recruited.

What qualities are you looking for in a person?

The qualities we look for in a person include, but are not limited to, intelligence, loyalty, reliability, consistency, responsibility, leadership, and most of all being able to follow directions. That last one is a big one as this isn't a democracy. If we are doing something as a team and you are told by the leader to do something you must do it without thinking twice. Afterwards when there is a chance, you may discuss what happened, but at the time of action there is no questioning.

How does the application process work?

The first step is making sure you are ready to commit yourself to Requiem. We are a fun guild, but we expect our members to play at top performance. Make sure you have read our Code of Conduct and agree with it.

If you think Requiem is the right guild for you, fill out our application on the website by clicking the “Apply to Requiem” link. When you click submit, your application will be posted on our private forums to be voted on.

Voting is the biggest part of our recruitment process as you either join or don't based on the feedback in this vote. However, even though that is the case, it should be obvious that your actions throughout your time playing with us are what cause this vote to go one way or the other.

The way recruitment is handled is that a poll will be added to each application posted to our private forums. Members will vote yes or no followed by a post specifying why they voted the way they did. Once the voting has completed, Officers take a look at each poll and the decision whether or not you make it in at that time is made. The results of the vote don't necessarily mean you are in or out strictly based upon a yes/no tally; however we do look for at least a 75% acceptance vote from our members. The Officers will look over the reasons for the vote and make his final decision based on that. As I said previously, this isn't a democracy, and the Officers have the final yes or no. The vote is just to give them a feel for everyone's opinion.

If you make it in, you will then be placed on a 30 day probation period. During that time, you will be evaluated on your intelligence, loyalty, reliability, consistency, responsibility, leadership, teamwork, player skills, and your ability to follow instructions. Once your 30 days are up, the Officers will vote on if you have passed probation or not. If you pass, you will become a full member. If you do not pass, you will be removed from the guild with the reasons for which you did not pass probation.

Do you guys use any type of out-of-game communication programs?

Yes, we use a program called Ventrilol. This can be downloaded at www.ventrilo.com. Our Lobby channel is open to the public. Anyone can join and enter the lobby. However, the channels below the lobby are for Requiem members only.

IP Address: 89.238.144.9
Port: 10005

Is there anything else I need to know before applying to Requiem?

Probably one of the biggest issues we have had is people without thick skin. Generally things aren't sugarcoated around here, and if you can't handle that then you won't last long. To clarify that a little further, we don't expect you to just sit there and take verbal abuse, but if you fuck up you will more than likely hear it from the leader of whatever you are doing, and you need to take it as constructive criticism, work on improving, and move on. If you get butt-hurt over it and give an attitude back then trust me you are better off somewhere else because that shit ain't gonna fly.

QFT

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain.

Frank Herbert, Dune

When life gives you lemons, gleefully accept the misguided charity and incorporate them into your scheme of world domination.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Requiem Forum Index -> About Requiem & Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: